Sunday, March 28, 2010

I F*UCKIN HATE BANKS

I hate banks. They don't give a rat's ass about their customers all they care about is money, money and more money. Our government has given banks the right to steal. If they make a few bad loans, the government gives them money and "bails" them out! Their deposits are federally insured and it is almost impossible for a bank to lose money.

I love it when banks advertise ... "We Have Money To Loan" ... and they do if you have great credit! Try to get a second mortage or HEAVEN FORBID try to get a loan on a piece of rental property or commercial property. IT WON'T HAPPEN! I have a building that was appraised for over $600,000 two years ago. I owe approximately $320,000 on it and I want to refinance. Hell, I might as well be asking to date the bank President's daughter. I have went to five area banks and can't get a loan.

I have a tenant in the building (a well known national business) with a two year lease and a one year option and we have NEVER ... not one time ... NEVER been late on a monthly payment. The banks say, "If your renter would leave you would have a difficult time making payments on the property". What, they think I would let a building with over $300,000 in equity just go away? They don't think I would work my ass off to find another tenant? Plus I have a lease that is good until 2012 with an option for 2013. Banks don't give a shit about anybody and will not take a chance of any kind. Even on people like me who have been in business for over twenty years, have decent credit and equity. This is one of the major reasons we have serious economic problem in America today.

When the banks received "bail out" money, they didn't get it to the middle class where it needed to go. Have you checked out your credit card statements lately? Why should ANYBODY be allowed to charge interest rates of 20% ... 23% ... 26% ... IT's BULLSHIT. Those type of interest rates make it imposible for anybody to get out of debt. Try making the minimum payments on your card - it will take ten years to pay it off and cost you more that twice the original loan amount.

Why do banks have to make that much interest money????? If our government really wanted to help, set interest rate maximums at 10% or even 12%. That's a fair number that people can live with. Why-oh-why should banks make twice that much in interest? They also have the right to change your interest rate and credit limit at any time .... and your choice is to cancle the card or live with their changes.

How about bank fees for a NSF check???? Come on ... if we could afford to pay those $25 and $35 bad check fees, we wouldn't have written those bad checks in the first place! I understand a small fee and if a customer writes more than 3-5 NSF checks in a year, discountinue his/her account.

I am not a bad person, I am not going broke, I am struggling just like every other American. I just want a bank like I used to have ten years ago. They cared about me, my family and my business. Today I am just account number #1234-567-890 and that sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment