Monday, March 8, 2010

The Oscars

Yes, I'll admit it ... I watched the Oscars last night from 8:00pm till midnite. I have a few opionions I would like to share with everybody. Here are my ten goodies:

1) I thought Steve Martin & Alec Baldwin did a great job of co-hosting the event. They were funny and quick witted ....
2) I loved the way they had people talk about the best actress and best actor nominees before the Oscar was handed out. They gave insight to each person and made each one interesting. It was new this year and gave the show "personality" ....
3) I thought Ryan Seacrest did a great job on the red carpet before the show started for the E! Network. He was upfront with people and asked all the right questions ....
4) Ok, Ok I get it. People love George Clooney but damn it, he had more face time on camera than the Sprint Blackberry commercial that ran a hundred-million times. I know he's a star but damn .....
5) It was stupid (but cool as hell) that the Academy sat Kathyrn Bigelow and ex-husband James Cameron one row apart from each other. Bigelow won the Oscar for best Director beating out Cameron. Watching his face when her name was announced was priceless. She became the first female in history to win the Best Director category (you go girl) ....
6) Talking about James Cameron, how could "Avatar" not win Best Picture??? It's only the highest grossing, money making, motion picture of all time! It was beat out by Bigelow's "Hurt Locker" ... are you fucking kidding me???? Hurt Locker is a very good, insightful movie but best picture over the biggest money maker ever? Avatar will change the way movies and 3D shooting is done for years to come. I was shocked!
7) I hated Sarah Jessica Parker's dress. It looked like it was made out of banana peels and tin foil ... Zoe Saldava's Givenchy dress was stupidly fluffy at the bottom and crazy purple ... Charlize Theron's dress looked like looked like two cinnabuns on each boob (nice idea but she's too beautiful too need that) ....
8) Hillary Swank's black dress had a V-neck that plunged all the way to her belly button (nice cleavage Hilly baby) ... I loved Sandra Bullock's overall look (she's smoking hot) ... Penelope Cruz's burgundy dress was beautiful .... Cameron Diaz also looked great ....
9) Miley Cyrus needs to stop hunching over and slouching her shoulders ... she looked terrible!
10) It was cool seeing Jeff Bridges show super emotion when he won Best Actor. He was happy, funny and deserving of the award!

There you have it ... my top ten Oscar thoughts - I can't wait to watch most of the nominated films on DVD! You didn't actually think I saw all of them at the movie theatre did you????

No comments:

Post a Comment